Tuesday 1 March 2011

Duck and cover

Now that Cam has gone down for his morning nap, I thought I would be able to sit, relax, write a bit in here and have a nice cup of tea, that I have kept reheating the water for in the microwave. You see, about a month ago, our kettle broke, making it less easy for us to boil water for oatmeal, tea and Cam's cereal. So in the meantime, I've used a glass measuring cup in the microwave to boil the water; until just now. With my back turned to the kitchen and I write here peacefully I hear a major explosion and the microwave door pops open and boiling water flies everywhere. My heart is still racing. The kind where you are in your car and you have to slam on your brakes to avoid getting into an accident or when you get pulled over by the cops for speeding (not that those things happen to me often) but you get the point. I suppose reheating and reheating the water after so many interruptions with the little guy is not such a great idea. I have no moved onto boiling the water on the stove top. I don't know why I don't like this method as much, I mean, it's the same amount of effort and dishes, so why do I even have a preference? I will try this week to go an replace my kettle. I miss it. And I don't think James knows how to make his oatmeal otherwise. hehe At least now my kitchen is nice and sterilized.

Well I think my water is now ready, my nerves are calm and so maybe I can enjoy my hot cup of tea. I just hope Cam falls asleep soon. I can hear him chatting with himself in his crib making happy noises which actually puts a smile on my face so that's ok by me.

Until next time,
Care

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog name...very clever =) I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete