Tuesday 1 March 2011

No means... absolutely nothing

So a few months back, I wanted to teach Cam that "no" means, well, "no". It actually worked. I repeated it about 10 times in a row as he kept trying to put a coaster into his mouth until he actually cried. From then on, I think he really did understand. Every time he would go towards the cat food dish, I would say, "no" and he would look at me with big blue eyes and then start crawling away. I couldn't believe that it worked. Until today that is. After talking to Andy (a good friend) the past 2 weekends about my experience and then him trying it out with Mia everything changed. Now I'm not sure if Cam overheard us or the novelty has just worn off, but now "no" means nothing to Cam. Instead he laughs and continues to do what he is doing, grabbing the cat food. I found him with a piece in his hand and as I started approaching him to get it from him, the quick little gaffer proceeded to put the piece in his mouth. Disgusting. Lovely, now I have to figure out a way to stop him from doing that. If you know my place, you know it's quite small and now I have to figure out somewhere to hide the food. What is next - the cat litter?! I hope he doesn't discover that one.

Until next time,
Care

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could say that it gets better, but right now with our daughter, at 2.5 yrs, no is an open invitation. Especially in the bathroom. I tell her "No touch" when we go into a stall at a public washroom for her to pee, and she decides to touch the friggin' toilet seat. And then when I scold her for doing that, she starts rubbing her face with the offending hands. Just great. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, the girls are the same. They are preety good with "no mean no" on their good days but for some reason that does not apply to the cat food. Not to sure why?!

    ReplyDelete